الأعضاء الذين تم إشعارهم

You cannot rate threads
0
 
النتائج 1 إلى 8 من 8

الموضوع: On the Pope's Visit to Cyprus

العرض المتطور

المشاركة السابقة المشاركة السابقة   المشاركة التالية المشاركة التالية
  1. #1
    أخ/ت مجتهد/ة
    التسجيل: May 2009
    العضوية: 6180
    هواياتي: المطالعة
    الحالة: Salwa غير متواجد حالياً
    المشاركات: 585

    Array

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    افتراضي رد: On the Pope's Visit to Cyprus

    Thank you so much dear Brother John for sharing us this interview as it is very exciting.

    : Of course each one has his own truth...
    How come? the truth is one. It is a truth not many.

  2. #2
    أخ/ت فعّال/ة الصورة الرمزية John of the Ladder
    التسجيل: Jan 2007
    العضوية: 709
    الإقامة: Canada-Montréal
    هواياتي: Chanting, Reading, Walking
    الحالة: John of the Ladder غير متواجد حالياً
    المشاركات: 1,344

    Array

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    افتراضي رد: On the Pope's Visit to Cyprus

    اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Salwa مشاهدة المشاركة
    Thank you so much dear Brother John for sharing us this interview as it is very exciting.


    How come? the truth is one. It is a truth not many.
    Beloved in Christ, sister Salwa

    Thank you for your comment. Yes, you are right, the truth is one, because Christ is one, and Christ is the Truth. Here note that His Grace's answer, which supports this:

    That is why the dialogue takes place - to prove on the basis of historical sources which Church has preserved the apostolic faith and the apostolic experience of the Saints.
    which means that the dialogue proves that the Orthodox Church has the Truth (the apostolic faith and the apostolic experience of the Saints).

    In IC XC

    †††التوقيع†††

    إِنْ لَمْ نُدْرِكْ فِيْ أَيَّةِ حَالَـةٍ خَلَقَنَا الله
    لَنْ نُدْرِكَ أَبَداً مَا فَعَلَتْ بِنَا الخَطِيْئَةُ

    القديس غريغوريوس السينائي

    john@orthodoxonline.org

  3. #3
    أخ/ت فعّال/ة الصورة الرمزية John of the Ladder
    التسجيل: Jan 2007
    العضوية: 709
    الإقامة: Canada-Montréal
    هواياتي: Chanting, Reading, Walking
    الحالة: John of the Ladder غير متواجد حالياً
    المشاركات: 1,344

    Array

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    افتراضي رد: On the Pope's Visit to Cyprus


    Q: Do you think that the Dialogue can produce results?


    It can, if it is done properly and based on the right presuppositions. Unfortunately, as it is carried out today, it does not produce results, and that is why they have carried on discussions for so many years without coming to any conclusions.


    Q: Each one listens only to himself?

    They should have embarked on the dialogue by securing themselves behind the Holy Bible with humility and love, and with the aim to prove Christ's Truth. That way, things would be much easier.

    Q: Isn't the dialogue taking place with humility and love?

    I don't know, I am not participating in the dialogues, but I haven't seen any significant results coming out of the decisions being reached. There is a movement which circulates books opposing the Pope and they are preparing protests. None of these things finds me in agreement. There should be no displays of unseemliness, no rudeness, no bad behaviour; it is another thing to express our opinion - after all, we are living in a democratic polity - and another thing to resort to ugly measures. Frankly, and before all, I disagree with the coming of the Pope to Cyprus and I say with my whole soul that the Pope is a heretic, he is not a bishop, he is not an Orthodox Christian and this is what the Holy Fathers say. If I am wrong, I am ready to be corrected, but on the basis of the Holy Fathers, not based on the mindset of globalization. Just because I disagree does not mean that I am being disorderly and am outside the Church [as some have claimed].

    Q: With these statements of yours, aren't you kindling a flame in those who are already being scandalized by the Pope's visit?

    Whatever we have to say, we say it with every responsibility and sincerity; we are not setting fires, because I do not wish to otherwise be presented as agreeing and lightheartedly accepting the Papal presence in Cyprus. The Archbishop confronted our differences in a very democratic manner during the Synod.

    >>> To be continued

    †††التوقيع†††

    إِنْ لَمْ نُدْرِكْ فِيْ أَيَّةِ حَالَـةٍ خَلَقَنَا الله
    لَنْ نُدْرِكَ أَبَداً مَا فَعَلَتْ بِنَا الخَطِيْئَةُ

    القديس غريغوريوس السينائي

    john@orthodoxonline.org

  4. #4
    أخ/ت فعّال/ة الصورة الرمزية John of the Ladder
    التسجيل: Jan 2007
    العضوية: 709
    الإقامة: Canada-Montréal
    هواياتي: Chanting, Reading, Walking
    الحالة: John of the Ladder غير متواجد حالياً
    المشاركات: 1,344

    Array

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post رد: On the Pope's Visit to Cyprus

    Q: Did you agree to the Archbishop's visit to the Vatican?

    We weren't asked, but neither is he obliged to ask us. We were informed by the newspapers. What did his visit to the Vatican result in?

    Q: I don't know. Didn't he inform you?

    He informed us, but I personally didn't have any special interest. The Pope always speaks in a formal manner, says things which are customary [to his position], as he will say now that he will come to Cyprus, but he will do nothing of essence, because he is not the leader of the Church but a political person who cannot come into conflict with the political establishment and system. Did the Pope ever speak up for the Orthodox Church? We have had so many conquerors - when did he ever defend us? Not to mention that during the Frankish rule we suffered under the Popes and the Papal Bulls that wanted to exterminate us. This evening we had celebrated the 13 holy martyrs of Kantara, who were killed by order of the Vatican. We spent 400 years in cruel slavery during the Frankish reign... But I will not go back [to the past]. The reasons I am reacting today are purely theological. When I was consecrated a bishop I pledged to preserve the Orthodox Faith.


    Q: Aren't the priests who will be receiving the Pope preserving the Orthodox Faith?

    The Apostle Paul said that those who eat idol-offerings should not censure those who do not. So do I not judge those who will participate, but I likewise do not want to be censured because of my non-participation.

    Q: Last Sunday an encyclical by the Holy Synod was read in the churches and it made an impression on the people, when the names of the Conciliar hierarchs were cited, one by one.

    All of us decided to issue an encyclical addressed to the people exhorting them to remain joined to their Church, to not listen to the (schismatic) Old Calendarists who want to break them away from the canonical Church. What was not clarified in the encyclical was that not all of us were informed and in agreement with the invitation towards the Pope.

    Q: Why do you think that the Pope is coming to Cyprus?

    As you can understand, the Papists are going through a serious crisis with all the scandals that have seen the light of publicity.

    Q: Pederasty (child molesting)?

    …I don't wish to name them, but every day the Press does publish very sorrowful things... I am not censuring, but the Pope is under the impression that he is the first and only Vicar of Christ on Earth, and that is why he is on such missions.

    Q: The Pope said that he wants to make a pilgrimage following the steps of the Apostle Paul.

    Except that the Apostle Paul didn't move about in a bulletproof car which cost 500,000 euros, which, I read, was to be purchased by the Cypriot government for the Pope to travel around Cyprus for the two days he will be here. I was personally quite scandalized by this news and said that a bulletproof car does not befit a Vicar of Christ.... And for the people to have to bear such a cost, in the midst of an economic crisis...

    Q: The announcement from the representatives of the Pope says that he is coming to Cyprus in order to promote human and Christian values and principles, and that he wants to walk in the steps of the Apostle Paul and in a spirit of the brotherhood meet the Orthodox Church with a good disposition.

    We do not doubt his good intention - may it be that this is the case. May it be that he resembles the Apostle Paul and acquaints himself with the wealth of the Orthodox Church. We pray that he returns to the Orthodox Church and becomes once again an Orthodox Bishop as he was before the Schism. This alone is the proper path to unity.

    Q: What do you think is the hidden agenda?

    The Vatican does not perform random actions or make naive moves. Every tour of each Pope has as its aim to present him as the worldwide leader of Christianity. At the moment, however, he is neither a canonical Bishop, nor Orthodox, so that he is not in a position to present himself as having first place as a Bishop.

    Q: Could there be hidden political interests here?

    I don't know; I believe that we [the Cypriot people] have nothing to gain politically from the visit of the Pope - only a lot of expenses and an immense upheaval in the conscience of the faithful.

    Q: The Archbishop said that all those who disagree will be placing themselves outside the Church.

    I am not aware of the Archbishop's statements, but I don't think that whoever disagrees with the coming of the Pope places himself outside the Church. I disagree, andI am stating it boldly, and I am not outside the Church.

    Wait!

    The Church, like the Archbishop himself stresses, has a democratic polity; it is a different thing to argue in a dignified manner and another, to resort to unbecoming behaviour.

    Done

    Glory to Thee O Lord Glory to Thee

    †††التوقيع†††

    إِنْ لَمْ نُدْرِكْ فِيْ أَيَّةِ حَالَـةٍ خَلَقَنَا الله
    لَنْ نُدْرِكَ أَبَداً مَا فَعَلَتْ بِنَا الخَطِيْئَةُ

    القديس غريغوريوس السينائي

    john@orthodoxonline.org

  5. #5
    أخ/ت مجتهد/ة
    التسجيل: May 2009
    العضوية: 6180
    هواياتي: المطالعة
    الحالة: Salwa غير متواجد حالياً
    المشاركات: 585

    Array

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    افتراضي رد: On the Pope's Visit to Cyprus

    [QUOTE]Not to mention that during the Frankish rule we suffered under the Popes and the Papal Bulls that wanted to exterminate us. This evening we had celebrated the 13 holy martyrs of Kantara, who were killed by order of the Vatican. We spent 400 years in cruel slavery during the Frankish reign..[/QUOTE

    Yes indeed, it is so harsh to sight a Christian killing another because of his faith.
    The Apostle Paul said that those who eat idol-offerings should not censure those who do not. So do I not judge those who will participate, but I likewise do not want to be censured because of my non-participation.
    Well, I was impressed by the wisdom of His Holiness. How he combined between the two issues.


    Except that the Apostle Paul didn't move about in a bulletproof car which cost 500,000 euros, which, I read, was to be purchased by the Cypriot government for the Pope to travel around Cyprus for the two days he will be here. I was personally quite scandalized by this news and said that a bulletproof car does not befit a Vicar of Christ.... And for the people to have to bear such a cost, in the midst of an economic crisis
    This is of rare courage from him to declare it like this. Wow...


    I am not aware of the Archbishop's statements, but I don't think that whoever disagrees with the coming of the Pope places himself outside the Church. I disagree, andI am stating it boldly, and I am not outside the Church.

    Wait!

    The Church, like the Archbishop himself stresses, has a democratic polity; it is a different thing to argue in a dignified manner and another, to resort to unbecoming behaviour.
    It sounds as if the end of the dialogue was an argument. Is it really so?

المواضيع المتشابهه

  1. A Critical Commentary on the Book "On the Nature of Christ" by His Holiness Pope Shenouda III
    بواسطة John of the Ladder في المنتدى English Discussion Forum
    مشاركات: 20
    آخر مشاركة: 2010-11-21, 02:15 PM
  2. Representatives of the Antiochian Orthodox Church visit the Nizhny Novgorod diocese
    بواسطة MM في المنتدى English Discussion Forum
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 2010-09-23, 02:15 PM
  3. Visit of his eminence Metropolitan Ephrem to USA
    بواسطة MM في المنتدى English Discussion Forum
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 2010-07-23, 11:36 PM
  4. Visit To Vistaaaaa 1
    بواسطة Rawad في المنتدى الكمبيوتر والانترنت والعلوم التقنية
    مشاركات: 2
    آخر مشاركة: 2007-01-31, 03:20 PM
  5. Visit To Vistaaaaa 2
    بواسطة Rawad في المنتدى الكمبيوتر والانترنت والعلوم التقنية
    مشاركات: 3
    آخر مشاركة: 2007-01-31, 12:16 AM

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

  • لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •